Our statement on Coronavirus
We have always prided ourselves on having one of the cleanest gyms around. Those that come here see we are always cleaning and wiping equipment down and obviously we have a small enough facility that keeping it clean is easy. We would like to assure you that our staff and the clients are taking the potential widespread outbreak of the COVID-19 /Corona Virus seriously.
According the CDC, below are the most important precautions you can do to avoid person to person spreading of COVID-19:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, if soap and water are not available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 % alcohol
• Cough/sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people that are sick
• Students & Coaches should notify Mick and stay home if they are sick and especially do not come to the gym if you are experiencing a fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer).
If you have signs of a fever or a persistent cough, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, you should contact a Doctor or Medical facility.
• Students & Coaches who become ill after arrival to the gym should go home immediately.
Obviously we are monitoring the situation daily and we currently have no plans to shut the gym down but we urge our clients and students to be extra vigilant as they train.
We have disinfectant wipes and sprays throughout the gym so be sure to spray your gear down after every training session and let it air dry. Boxers please spray the outside of your gloves and not just the inside. We will be taking the communal gym gear out of circulation during this time so bring or buy your own gloves and shinguards. If you leave any item of clothing or hand wraps here it will be in the trash before the end of the night so don’t expect it back. Spray benches, pads, heavy bags down and let them air dry.
Jiu Jitsu practitioners please wash your hands before and after practice and wear clean uniforms and clothing every time.
Our gym is a beautiful community where we all get better and we are stronger together so please do your part.
Mick Doyle and the staff of Mick Doyle’s Kickboxing and Fitness Center